Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GAME plan progress

I think that my GAME plan is coming along quite well. I now have some great collaborative learning experiences planned for my students. They are really excited about the technology integration that I have done thus far, and are looking forward to more. I have continued my Internet research and have found some absolutely fantastic interactive sites that I can use for my upcoming units. I am also becoming more comfortable with actually using the technology that I want my students to use, such as blogs and podcasts. I have been meeting regularly with the digital arts teacher and she has been patiently explaining how our school programs can be used and allowing me to experiment with it all. I am also still conducting my research when I have time. I think it is important to continue this because there is so much available and you just never know what you may find!!

I have no problems finding the resources and information that I need to continue my GAME plan. If I do get stuck, I will have no problem asking my colleagues for a little help! I do not think that my Action plan needs any modification. I think it needs an addition. After learning about assessments this week, I think it is necessary to add in an action plan for assessment. I plan to try out all four types of assessments that we learned about this week, when the time is right. In addition to learning these new assessment formats, I found learning about the abundance of assisstive technology available what interesting. I want to look further into these technologies to see what may be beneficial for my students. I have not come up with any new questions that I have not already found the answer to through research, reading, or colleagues.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trisha,
    I enjoyed reading your blog since you give me such positive and energetic vibe about your GAME plan. Sometimes we all need a little bit of positive energy flow in what we do as a teacher. Sometimes we could get frustrated or worn out that we don't want to do anything :)
    I think you are not only going on the right track but you are doing it with style and skills. It's definitely crucial that we know when to seek help. Involving colleagues is definitely the way to go! Do you have regular meeting to share and bounce ideas across? I found that really effective, not only get everyone on board but it stimulates all of us in a positive way for all to move forward!
    I also agree with you that sometimes we need to be persistent and never give up on what we do. The fact that you are getting more comfortable with integration of technology is because we are always using it. It'll only get better and better and eventually it'll become second nature to us! The other important thing is we make sure how to keep track of our own progress. Sometimes we can do that alone or we can get our colleagues to keep us on track. Again I need to mention those panel meetings! They really keep me on my toe :)
    Again good luck with your GAME plan!
    All the best!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trisha,

    I know that you must feel great about how you are progressing with your GAME plan! Good for you! I too, am having the same feelings. Like you, my students are thrilled with the technology integration that they have seen in my lessons, and are asking me for more. I agree that conducting research is so beneficial because there is so much out there and if we just take a little bit of time to look, I think that we may be surprised at what we find! You said that you came across some great interactive sites. If you have time, would you please share? I would love to check them out! Good luck to you Trisha, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah and Stacy-

    Thank you both for the positive comments. The more positive reinforcement that I recieve from my Walden colleagues, the more confident I am in continuing my GAME plan! I am very excited about all of this technology integration and the feedback that I am getting from my students! It is very refreshing!! Thanks again for your comments!! They are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you are doing a great job with your GAME plan Trisha! I am not afraid to use technology in my classroom because I know that the only way you can become good at something is it you try it. If using the technology is not as successful as you hope the first time you use it, then you know that it can only get better the next time you do it! Colleagues are a great place to seek advice from. We have a technology coordinator that I am always asking for suggestions and checking her web page out to find neat tech tools to use in my classroom. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have picked to great technologies to incoporate into your classroom - blogs and podcasts. Part of my GAME plan is to use blogs as well. I have not tried using podcasts yet so I am very interested to hear how that goes for you. I have Audacity installed on all of the computers in my classroom but have not tried to incoporate podcasts yet. Good luck and I'm looking foward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete